8 Tips For Overcoming Hand Disability After A Stroke
Our Guru Speaks on 8 Proven Tips For Overcoming Hand Disability After A Stroke
Did You Know ?
- About 50-70% of individuals develop arm and hand weakness and disability, while about 11-85% experience reduced sensation?
- Despite decades of research and innovation, no single intervention has been found to be most effective in improving hand disability?
- Involving carers/loved ones improve stroke outcomes?
Tips To Remember Following A Stroke:
- Do not rest on your laurels; challenge yourself (activity helps, passivity doesn’t).
- Do not neglect the affected hand; engage in all activities.
- Avoid ‘protectionism’; increase daily movement repetitions (high-intensity exercises improve activity).
- Stop running all over the place; build an activity hub at home! (an enriched environment improves recovery).
- Simple self -sensory stimulation (gentle stroking, massage, joint movements) of the affected hand helps!
- Avoid self-pity; motivate yourself (relish happy moments and look forward to future).
- Engage carers/ loved ones in your activities, where possible.
- Seek help from qualified healthcare professionals at all stages of recovery.
Any questions, just ask! Probotics Rehab (firstname.lastname@example.org)